Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sunrise Sunset

No, I am not thinking about "swiftly go the years", but rather one of my favorite times of the day. While I have always been a night person, I think the Lord's advice to go to bed early and arise early has other advantages beyond a clearer mind and opportunity to learn. In fact in Proverbs it tells us that, "those that seek me early shall find me." I think this applies not only to the years of our life, but also in the days and minutes of our lives. I really must learn to get up earlier... But we can find the Lord in the opportunities to give thanks in our lives. (Sunrise in Hawaii)But I drift from the purpose of my post. I have really been thinking of the need to be thankful. I marvel at the beauties of nature that surround us. (You will see from the few pictures I have posted one of my favorite times is sunset (maybe it is because I see more of these???). Anyway it has caused me to reflect.
Below is one of my favorite shots of Sunset just outside the home of in-laws in the lovely little town of Springville.


These two are from the desert on one of our many trips across it on the way between California and Utah.







This one is from the front of our home in California.



Here is a shot for Ke'e beach on the west of Kauai looking down the Nepali coast.


Here is one from the backyard of our home in California.



Back to Sunrise in Hawaii. The purpose of the post today, as it may be for the next few times is to remind me to appreciate the beautiful world in which we live. Maybe all of us should look around more each day and really take in just how beautiful the world in all of its many splendors really is.



What are some of your favorite joys in nature? Let me know. I'm in the mood to take pictures. And while we are at it, we might just ponder how much we have been given, all the way through the Sunrises and Sunsets of our days and years of life.








2 comments:

  1. My favorite thing in nature is the changing leaves of Fall. You can't beat it.
    And, of course, because I am your daughter, Sunset. I remember lots of times, sitting on the lawn with Mom eating a pickle, watching the Sunset. The Sunset off the red rocks of Southern Utah are some of the most beautiful Sunrises and Sunsets I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only incredibly beautiful photos but sensitive and thought provoking writing as well. . .thanks for the reminder of the beauties of the world, thankfully, many which have been our privilege to witness firsthand. Thanks David. . .

    ReplyDelete